Thanksgiving was such a great weekend for us! On Sunday we had thanksgiving dinner at my grandmas house with the family, which was amaing food as it always is when grandma cooks! (I am thankful for my grandma and the fact that daniel and i live the closest to her right now and therefore get lots of good leftovers!)Then, on Monday Daniel decided we were going out for the day! (I am thankful for my husbands spontaneous side even though we rarely see it!!) We left the house mid morning with a few plans made and didn't get home until bedtime, it was the best family date day we've had in a while (I am thankful we made it all day without any meltdowns!!) Our first planned stop was DeMilles to check out the pumpkins, the animals and the corn maze, but as I went to unbuckle Lexi I smelt an all to familiar smell!! Yup, she blew out all over her undershirt and down the leg of her tights!! So instead of getting out, we jumped back into the van and went to zellers!
(I am thankful for sto and go seat that lay flat and make it really easy to change a messy diaper! and that Zellers had a sale on baby clothes!) after using all the wipes and re-dressing Lexi we headed back to DeMilles! The animals were really fun to pet and feed, Dexter never gets tired of animals and tractors and I think Lexi is following close in his foot-steps! Everytime an animal came close she got so excited and kicked her feet and giggled! We went a little ways into the corn maze but Dex got distracted and just wanted to take the corn out to feed the animals!
Next stop was lunch! We picked up a couple of little caesers pizzas and walked down the peir in salmon arm for lunch. Eating pizza on th dock has been a date that Daniel and I have done since before we were married! (I am thankful for good memories! and a long dock for Dex to run down and burn off his energy!) By the time we finished eatingand playing on the dock it was time for the kids to nap so we packed everyone back in the van and grabbed McDonalds coffee to-go and headed out to kingfisher to see the sockeye run. When we first arrived the smell was pretty strong (I was very thankful i wasn't pregnant or I'm sure i would have gotten sick!) Then we noticed that Lexi blew out once again! So we had no more wipes and no more clothes, so we improvised as we knew Dexter would not be impressed if we missed the fish! We used McDonalds napkins and did a pretty good job cleaning her up, then wrapped her in the sling to keep warm! once we headed down to the river, the smell wasn't bad at all! Needless to say Dexter loved the fish and continually informed us when he saw any dead ones on the beach (which was often) and that the fish in the water were red sockeye! (I am thankful that we really do have the smartest kids around! haha!)All in all, we really had a wonderful day, and all I could think of was how incredibly blessed i am, a beautiful family, surrounded by God's amazing creation! It doesn't get any better!
New outfit for Lexi = $15
Pizza = $10
2 McD's coffee = $3.45
Making Family Memories = PRICELESS!
p.s. I had some great pics to attach, but i have tried for a week to attach them and its still not working so I am going to post it anyway,
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aww thats too bad that the pics didn't end up working....some days I swear technology is going to give me a nervous breakdown...lol
ReplyDeleteGreat post though!! Love your MC commercial at the end :)