"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full " John 10:10

Friday, January 27, 2012

Lexi is 2!!

My sweet, firery, little girl is 2! How does this happen sooo fast? I think Lexi being 2 seems hard, because she is such a "grown-up" 2 year old! She sleeps in a big girl bed, she is potty trained, she has no problem putting 6 and 7 word sentances together that most people understand, and she does not miss a beat! She loves to copy everything Dexter does from the way he talks and prays to the way he plays. She loves to play with him and therefore joins in on all the hunting and fishing trips, hockey and football games, and many wrestling matches. However, when she would rather be by herself its all babies for this girl! She LOVES wrapping her babies up, reading to them and putting them to bed. She also loves to sit and look at books and make puzzles. My grandma gave her three 25 piece puzzles for christmas and she can do them all by herself and is literally wearing them out from doing them over and over! (note to self-need to look for more puzzles in the second hand shops:) Dexter has only become interested in puzzles because of Lexi's obsession with them (and he can now put together 48 pieces by himself) Lexi has always been so full of personality! And we are only seeing more and more of it at 2! She has taken to picking out her own clothes and often insists on pink, or a dress. Seriously I was sure the days of fighting about wardrobe were still years ahead of me!! We have been going to strong start regulary and Lexi has not only impressed me with her ability to summersalt and run with the big kids, but also how well she will sit and take part in circle time! She never ceases to impress me with how much she can do and I feel like she is flying thru this toddler stage. As much as I would love her stay stay "little" it is still fun and exciting to watch her grow up and absorb so much! I have been working on a "prayer book" lately for our family and was reminded of the verse that was chosen at Lexi's baby dedication. "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." Prov 31:25 It continues to be my prayer for Lexi that she be clothed with strength and dignity and that she will look at the days ahead with aticipation and joy and excitment rather then worry and fear. This verse is such a good representation of Lexi right now, and I pray that it will carry on into her childhood, teenage years and adult life.
I will finish off with a few pictures of Lexi's second birthday. We are blessed with family near by so even tho we don't do "friend" parties yet, it is still always a big party!!
birthday breakfast!
we did a snowman theme!
pin the nose on the snowman!
special snowman drinks
snowman cupcakes!
enjoying her cupcake;)

1 comment:

  1. Lexi, you are adorable!! I have loved watching you grow up and can't wait to watch how you are going keep your parent's guessing what you will do next!

    ReplyDelete