So I may be a little late on this one, but Daniel and I are going to be out-numbered early next fall! When we got to the time where we were ready to tell people we kinda forgot that everybody didn't know already and haven't really told a lot of people. And now everybody is finally finding out when we are almost half way already and I'm afraid this pregnancy is going to go by too fast! I am however thankful to be this far along as I am slowly starting to feel better and like I have some more energy again. Right off the bat we had decided to hold off telling Dexter for as long as possible because he's not even three yet and we figured he wouldn't really get it and it is still so far away, well I slipped up yeasterday! He asked me to spin him around outside and I was kinda tired and told him I couldn't cause there was a baby in me and it might make me feel sick! (bad excuse, I know!) Well he jumped on that right away, and this is kinda how our dialogue went,
D "Well let me see the baby"
M "you can't see it right now because its in my tummy"
D (lifting up my shirt) "ya, i wanna see it right under there"
M "the baby is going to be inside mommy for a long time because it needs to grow and get lots of sleep before it comes to play with you"
D "well, but I want to hold it right now!"
M "when the baby is ready you can hold it ok?"
D "ok"
630am the next morning as he crawls into our bed!
D "is that baby in your tummy?"
M "yup"
D "now can I hold it?"
M "no Dex, its still a long time away!"
at the breakfast table
D "did you go buy that baby in your tummy for me?"
M "not really"
D "oh, did daddy go buy it for me?"
and it goes on and on and on! See why we had decided to wait! here's hoping he moves back to the fishing trip quick!!
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CONGRATS!
ReplyDeleteMy kids always had the nuttiest questions too.
Congratulations Renee! That's so exciting. What is your due date?
ReplyDeleteYeah that is so awesome! We are so excited for you guys!!!!!
ReplyDeletehahaha that is sooo awesome!! I love that kid!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Renee and Daniel! You are entering chaos-but in a fun, crazy kind of way. You do start to feel out numbered. Hope you have a great summer and keep some energy for your adorable kids.
ReplyDeleteKendra