This is Dexter with his roasting stick (hockey stick)
cooking a marshmellow (cow) over one of his campfires
He also loves to create with play-do these days. When he plays with play-do he is usuallt making snakes, bugs, or somesort of food whether its pancakes, tuna sandwich or this particular time pizza!
As you can probably tell, he has made several
little pizzas all topped with different types of cheese!
in case you're wondering the cows and other
farm animals on top the pizza is the cheese;)
Dexter is growing up in so many other ways lately too. He is slowly getting better at including his sister in his play, and be "ok" with the fact that she doesn't play quite like him. He loves to play "tackle" as does his sister, and the sweet thing is how gentle he can tackle her (when he wants to be gentle that is;) and hearing the squeels of laughter from both of them. He can still be a bit rough on her, but Lexi is getting very good at defending herself, and when she can't hold her own, we hear about it! Dexter's vocabulary and sentances that he comes up with these days blow me away!! and he reasoning ability is quite impressive. The other day we took the kids to the pool in vernon and he was so disappointed that he was not tall enough to go on the waterslide. Then at breakfast today I told him to finish his food so it would help him get strong and he says, "no mom I eat lots of food so I can go down that waterslide next time!" As much as this little boy is growing up so fast, he is still such a sucker for a good snuggle and can be so happy to sit on my knee twitling my hair in his fingers while we read a book or talk about the day! I love my little man;)
Dexter "taking Lexi down" in a gentle,
yet football like manner:)
Now Lexi!! I feel like one day I had just said to Daniel that she seems like more of a baby then Dexter did at this age, to waking up the next day to a full on toddler!! She went from choosing not to walk (tho everybody could clearly see she was able) to running overnight! She went from baby babble to several words that more then just us, the mom and dad, can understand. Some of her favorite being "pickle butts" whenever a camera comes out (ask daniel about that one;) to veggie tales, puppy, right there, and of course "no" in many different tones and volumes depending on if she is choosing to show her sweet side or fiestier side;) And can I just say, this girl is smart!! If you don't believe me cause I'm just the mom, ask her great grandma, who continually comments on how she can't believe this little girl does not miss a thing! Lexi is quick to tell us what she wants and is very good at getting the message across. She loves to climb on things and join in with Dexter's crazy fun. I am fairly confident that this girl will be the life of the party wherever she goes!
Lexi, crawling up to the table to finish off Dexter's
breakfast while he went to the bathroom!
Our big girl loves to help with the dishes!
Lets hope it's still this much fun in another 10yrs or so;)
Sneaking into the swing to catch up on a
good book;)
I love my little girl so much!! and I know she loves
her momma, but she is still a "Daddy's girl" at heart:)
No comments:
Post a Comment