So last week we got word that Mom and Dad Derksen official were able to reserve campsites for the Jan Lake fishing trip! Yae! I never gerw up in a "fishing family," however, I have no question in my mind that our little family will be a "fishing family" through and through! When Daniel and I were dating, it became very apparent very early on his love for fishing, some of our first unofficial dates were catching perch out of Gardom Lake off the docks. When we had been dating about 9 months and Daniel was back in saskatchewan working he invited me out for the family Jan Lake fishing trip. Ovbiously I wanted to go because I hadn't seen Daniel in a while, but I was a little concerned about how 3 days of nothing but fishing would go!?! Well, I can honestly say I was very pleasantly surprised! This was real fishing! We caught fish left, right and center! I could have stayed longer catching fish and having a fish fry everyday on some random island in the middle of nowhere! It was a beautiful place, great company and tasty food! Since then we have been back once when Dexter was just about one and had an equally great time. Even at so young, Dexter LOVED the trip! He drove the boat with grandpa, ate grandma's pepperoni, said "fish" a lot, liked to look at the fish and even napped like a champ on the floor of the boat! And now we get to go again this year with two sets of grandparents, two great-grandpas, a great grandma, two uncles and an auntie! This fishing trip just happens to fall on Dexter's birthday weekend (which makes for easy birthday party planning!!) and "someone" told Dexter already that we are going fishing in sask for his birthday! Well, Dexter is so excited he can hardly stand it! I caught him laying in his boat the other day (which is actually the couch) hugging his pretend fish right up by his face. I asked "what are you doing Dex?" to which he replied "just thinkin about fishing!" Seriously!?! He is going to have such a blast on this trip - hopefully Lexi will enjoy it as much as Dex did when he was young too! So far he has done some fishing already this morning, but hasn't actually asked about the fishing birthday party, here's hoping he forgets, at least for a few months! I too can't believe we still have 3.5 months to wait! I can't wait for the first fish fry on some random island!
the savings fund!
"just thinkin' about fishing!"
So cute Renee! What a little BOY you have! I hope you guys have a great trip!
ReplyDeleteI am glad his tent we bought him for Christmas could turn into an ice fishing hole, lol. He is too cute!
ReplyDelete