"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full " John 10:10

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

keeping up with the boy already!

Well, Lexi already is working so hard to keep up to her big brother, I can see her competitive side coming out already! (don't know where she got that from!? haha!) she has reached so many milestones around the same time Dexter did, and some even before!
Smiling - both by 3 weeks for sure (and yes I know it wasn't just gas!)
Sleeping- neither slept thru the night by 7 months, but Dexter did sleep better then Lexi does
Rolling from front to back (consistantly)- Dexter 8 weeks! Lexi 12 weeks
Rolling from back to front (consistantly) - Dexter 12 weeks, Lexi 14 weeks
Commando crawling - Dexter 5.5 months, Lexi 5 months
First tooth - dexter 7 months, Lexi 5 months
Furnature walking - 7.5 months for both
First overnight youth trip - Dexter <3,>
Clapping - Dexter...don't remember, Lexi 7 months
Hand and Knee crawling - Both 7.5 months
First BC Lions game!! Lexi 7.5 months, Dexter...still waiting!


He caught her!

playing in the crib!

Lexi is just over 8 months now and she is such a doll! She can be so girlie and sweet one minute, and the next she is right in there holding her own against Dexter while fighting for a toy! She loves her brother so much, he can not only make her giggle, but full out laugh at times. It is so fun to watch them start to play more and more together. Already Lexi is showing that she is very strong willed, she is nearly impossible to get any food into! She refuses to le me feed her almost anything (although she has not problem eating ice-cream off a spoon or from a cone!) The only way I can get solids into her is cheerios (that she feed herself) some fruit in those little netty chewer things (that she does herself) some grated cheese (that she feeds herself) notice a pattern here! I know soon it will be nice that she is so independant with her eating, but right now I feel like she is not getting enough solids into her (never mind the huge mess she leaves behind!) although I am not too worried as her height is in th 97th percentile and her weight is not far behind in ariound the 80th percentile (which is far bigger then Dex was at this age!)


Lexi continues to be a daddy's girl, but I would say I'm a close second! And she just makes us smile and feel so blessed to have her every day! (although if we were getting more sleep we may remember more of these milestones!!)
chewing on some raspberries!





Lexi LOVES bath time!


Too young for this!


Well, I just felt I wanted to remember a few of these milestones, so I will finish with a few more pics!

6 Month pics


1 comment:

  1. I can't stress enough, how much she reminds me of Emme, hahahaha, and I mean this when I say she will provide you with tons of fun, and more than a few frustrating minutes, but if she is anything like Em, she will be quick to say she loves you, quick to tell you how great you are, and quick to forgive! I love your six month pictures!! can you spell Mason with those blocks, lol?

    ReplyDelete