"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full " John 10:10

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dexter's birthday party and beautiful Lexi!

Well, i know this is about three weeks behind, but while we were in sask I used up my spare time wishing Daniel was there already, and when he got there we were just to busy! But I am posting this old(ish) news anyway because its some fun stuff to remember!

So, like I said we celebrated Dexters birthday a week late with his twin-cousin Bella and it was a blast. A small bunch of kids in the granparents backyard makes for lots of fun, and crying and mess and more fun! We decorated some giant birtrhday cards for Dex and Bella and ate a lot of pop-corn, spilt a lot of juice, played in the yard, sang and ate cake and finished off with Daniel and Micheal doing a fish pond for the kids' goodie bags! Here's a few pics!
Since turning two, Dexter is not only potty trained, but in the last week he insists on taking himself! (thanks a lot Bella!) although he acually does a great job, while commentating the entire process to us including "shake, shake shake" and "my flush!?" He has also decided he is going to be independant in many other areas like getting into the car, brushing his teeth and more. One of his sweetest new lines is "rub my back mommy" (when he crawls into bed and lifts his shirt for me!) along with "where my apple pie!?" (yes he is his father's son in many ways!)
And beautiful Lexi! At five months, she really is beautiful! I already think about the boys who are going to be lining up for her as she is not just beautiful to look at, but she has this wonderful little personality! Though she does play a little strange when people pick her up, if you just look at her and smile, she gives you back this amazing grin from ear to ear and somtimes she hides into a shoulder and plays shy. She talks, and talks and talks! and its not all the same, she has differenbt tones and pitches and volumes including loud, very loud and loudest! She already fits in to both sides of the family well! Lexi has no real interest in sitting on her own because as soon as you try to sit her up, she rolls onto her belly and starts to scooch. She is not what you call crawling, but she is scootching all over! She already can get to wherever the party is which means we need to remember to keep the door to the stairs shut! And finally, she has two teeth. It almost made me cry when i saw them (and not because she bit me) because it means she is growing up and just about ready to eat! I can't believe how fast these five months have gone and I am really trying to enjoy every minute! (although those many minutes in the middle of the night are hard to enjoy as she is a terrible sleeper!!) so I will finish these memories with some more pics!


p.s. for some reason i have the same pic of lexi three times!! anybody know how to delete a picture once you've put it there????

1 comment:

  1. Hey Renee, cute pictures!! I'm glad Dexter's party went well. How was your trip to Sask??
    To delete pictures, I think you just go to edit entry (at the top or bottom of your post)...then you just click on whichever picture you want to delete, and delete it! At least that's how it works for wordpress...I hope it's the same for blogspot!

    ReplyDelete