"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full " John 10:10

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First ice-fishing trip as a family of 5!

Sunday was a beautiful sunny +5 day and we decided it was the perfect afternoon for a family ice fishing trip! I was a little worried that there would be too much slush on top the ice because it has been so warm and that we would get wet, but we decided wew ould go and just see how long we lasted! Turns out it was perfect! There was a solid 4 inches of ice topped with snow, lots of it untouched and no slush! We had a great afternoon mixed with fishing, snacking, strolling and playing fox and goose in the snow!
Classic family photo:)
getting the rod in the water
let the fishing begin!
going for a stroll in the sun
playing a little goose chase
checking the line
the classic "us" pic
headed for home!
unfortuantly we didn't catch any fish, but our kids sure made a few older guys feel good about their catches when they ran over to see them and continuously oooooed, and awed over them! Maybe next time we will catch one, but I still consider this a successful fishing trip:)

1 comment:

  1. Love the old fox and goose game, I don't think I have taught that one to the kids yet :) Ever wonder if dad made that up so we would run in circles where he wanted us to stay rather then having to actually worry about where we were wandering around to? haha.

    ReplyDelete