"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full " John 10:10

Friday, November 18, 2011

Baking Day!

So the other day, my house was clean and I had the last bit of cooked pumpkin in my fridge and decided we would bake pumpkin cookies! I brought the mixer over to the table and let the kids take turns measuring ingredients into the bowl! It went well, a little messy as it usually is when I bake with the kids, but not bad. This batter was a lot stickier then normal cookie dough so after they were all mixed, I decided I should finish by myself. However the kids still wanted to bake, and do what "mama-yama" does. (A funny little sweet potatoe cook they watch on cbc kids sometimes) So I figured why not! I filled a few little bowls with small amounts of flour, oatmeal, bran, rice and rice-crispies and let them measure and mix and pretend to bake! They had a good hour of fun with it, and have asked everyday since to do it again! I knew it would be messy, but I greatly under-estimated just how messy, and due to that, I think this will be a "special time" activity that we only do once and a while!

2 comments:

  1. haha love it! i am so doing this... but i agree, big mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a great memory maker for the kids, they will one day look back when they have kids and realize just what a huge deal that was,to let them get messy like that, and they will appreciate it more as adults then they do now I am sure!

    ReplyDelete