"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full " John 10:10

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

the last month or so......

Well Lyla is officially past the one month mark (5 1/2 weeks actually) and continues to do well and fit right into our little family! She loves the attention she gets around here but can also tell everybody to back off and give her some space when she needs it too!
Lyla is very much like her brother and sister in so many ways. She loves to be talked to and held and cuddled. She doesn't mind being passed around from brother to sister, to cousin, to aunt, to uncle to grandma, to grandpa, to little friends and big friends (the list goes on and on....) She will never have a shortage of love as they all tend to cuddle and hug and pile her with kisses and she often returns the favor with a beautiful smile! (that we have had a hard time capturing on camera!)
The biggest differences so far is that she is a better napper then the other two (but about the same at night, tho i still have big expectations that she will become a better sleeper sooner then they did!) and she LOVES her bath! Our other kids would tend to like it one time and hate it the next, where Lyla just loves every minute of every bath!
Our fall is continuing to be very busy! Daniel's volleyball team has just finished, but things haven't slowed down yet! The kids and I are pretty busy as well with 3 mornings a week we are out! I just about dropped one as I was starting to feel like too many good things don't always equal a good thing, but decided to keep going as each of these three commitments I can sit and hold my baby for a couple hours without feeling like I should be doing housework instead! Dexter and Lexi also very much enjoy the outings!
Dexter has finally gone back to farming the majority of the time with his cows after a long break from it to rodeo with them. We still have the odd rodeo here and there, but he usually asks me to milk and feed the cows with him now. His memory is quite amazing as he will sit and "read" books to whoever is around (mom, dad, grandpa, grandma etc....) by memory and when you read to him, he will correct you if you miss a part! He has had two black eyes recently and many other bumps and bruising as he has been especially rowdy these days! We inherited a ittle outside playhouse from friends and he has loved the soccer/basketball side of it. He loves to play a mixture of soccer/basketball/football and lately when he score he shouts a big "HOME RUN!" In the house, his favorite sports are still football and hockey. Dexter LOVES Lyla! He is often caught just laying beside her singing to her, or helping her play with a toy. He often tells me that one day Daddy and mommy and Lexi will go out somewhere and he will stay home and babysit Lyla!
Lexi continues to leave us in awe of how fast she is growing up right now!! She is talking non-stop, potty trained, trying to give up her nap, and getting into all kinds of mischif! Her favorite thing to do right now is pretend she is a puppy or a pony and follow you around until you pet her, or take her for a walk. She also likes to play fetch and get puppy snacks when she is in character. She also has a great memory and will sit and read you bits and pieces of a book. Lexi is still a very early riser and with the time change it has been worse! Today (almost a week later) was the first day we made it past the "fives" before she was up and in our room! Lexi also LOVES Lyla and wants to hold her and tell her all kinds of stories. Often I find her laying on her tummy right up over Lyla's face so she can kiss her and make "baby sounds" to her!
I can't believe how fast this time is going, but I am really learning to "slow time" by trying to be present in each moment and give thanks for each moment! (easier said then done when many of those moments include cleaning somebodies behind, wiping anothers nose and breaking up wrestling matches inbetween!!) But I am finding that when I can be fully present in each moment I really do have more time for everything that needs my attention right now......well, not necesarily more time, but more efficiency with my time!
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name" Psalm 100:4

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! It made me laugh and chuckle when you said how Lexi follows you around until you pet her or take her for a walk cause I think Lexi is going to be quirky like Emme! She'll be a blast :)

    ReplyDelete