Wednesday, January 26, 2011
an awkward conversation!
So the other night, we were enjoying a nice sit down dinner with our family and another family who is a few stages of life ahead of us (they had teenagers) While the conversation around the table was mostly based on our kids because they were entertaining everybody and slightly misbehaving, when the dad of the other family asks me "so Renee, do you miss nursing?" and I'm thinking, hum kinda weird that you ask, but answer, "well when i was finished I was ready to be done, but once I was actually done I do miss it a bit, but she was getting so hard to nurse I had to realize that I was just holding on for me and not for her," as I am finishing that statement I realize everybody is staring at me blankly, to which I finally catch on , "oh, you meant nursing, not BREASTFEEDING!!" talk about AWKWARD!!needless to say we all laughed so hard we started the ugly laugh, which carried on into tears, sweatng for some and Dexter becoming quite concerned about why everybody was crying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh my gosh! I'm laughing out loud!! that is soooo funny. ohmy. My mind totally jumped to breastfeeding too so you are not alone :)
ReplyDeleteThat is tooo funny! Yes I am laughing out loud as well... My kids are asking me, What is so funny?" That is one moment you will probably never forget!
ReplyDeleteLoL, I totally wish I had been there, I love watching Scott when he laughs so hard he cries! I bet he almost fell of his chair!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesomely funny!
ReplyDelete